Friday, January 07, 2005

Crying for the sake of crying and lonely days at the movies

I always carry tissue in my purse when I go to the theater. You see, I'm a crier. You can understand why I would cry while watching "Steel Magnolias", my battle-ax aunt cried too; but what element in the movie, "Ice Ace", would move me to tears? Well, when the child, with the help of its motley companions finds its way back to its parents and left its new found friends--now that was a crying moment. I remember leaving the theater with a warm feeling inside, abruptly short-lived when I found a fresh ding on the side of my borrowed vehicle. Now why would anyone thoughtlessly slam their door into my car. Did they know? Was it deliberate? Was their little devil lowering heaven and raising hell that day? My anger propelled me to walk back to the theater, which by the way, is adjacent to a shopping mall (convenient, really), stand in line to watch another movie to ease my simmering self back to a mellow state of mind. It was at this point I realized that I watch movies to escape my humdrum life. Perhaps I need validation of my existence. But no, a hard pinch will do. Is there a word(s) for people like me. What is this hobby called, if you want to call it a hobby. Am I an "avid movie-goer" or "movie buff"? Has a psychological association identified this as a new disorder? I can describe the symptoms. They are, difficulty in carrying on a conversation which you know is leading nowhere; enjoying a movie by yourself; avoiding crowds that know you; and other such activities that require solitude. Could it be clinical depression? But you can't ignore the movie-going factor. I ponder this with an aching head. I think I'll just cry about it.

7 Comments:

Blogger torfeida said...

Argh, how frustrating the dent would've been! But I can certainly identify with the symptoms you described - cool blog too, I'll be checking back! thanks for visiting mine :)

5:43 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Oooh, story of my life. Soudesu. Do you find that the only time you really cry is while at movies? I find myself in an annoying or difficult situation and the urge to watch a specific movie comes to me. It's weird, I never used to be like that.

Jaa, mata.

11:48 PM  
Blogger mrsd said...

I recently heard about a man who only cries while flying and watching airplane movies. It doesn't matter what the movie is, he cries. He doesn't cry while watching movies on earth. Now THAT is weird. :) But interesting...

2:27 AM  
Blogger Willow said...

Hmm, very interesting. I cry at concerts. I bawled at the two Simon and Garfunkel concerts I was at. I occasionally cry at movies, I cried several times during "Neverland". Depends who's sitting next to me.

I think that certain mediums just move certain people. A song can have me weeping in seconds but movies do have to work at it a bit.

Hmm, I'll have to think about it some more.

~Willow

8:50 AM  
Blogger ninest123 said...

ninest123 16.02
nike free run uk, air force, new balance pas cher, longchamp, michael kors, michael kors, air max, nike free, hollister, sac longchamp, abercrombie and fitch, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, longchamp pas cher, vans pas cher, timberland, lacoste pas cher, converse pas cher, burberry, nike trainers, oakley pas cher, sac guess, louboutin pas cher, north face, hermes, michael kors, true religion jeans, nike air max, nike roshe, mulberry, air jordan pas cher, tn pas cher, lululemon, hogan, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors, coach purses, coach outlet, nike air max, vanessa bruno, hollister pas cher, nike huarache, north face, ralph lauren uk, ray ban uk, nike air max, true religion outlet, replica handbags

4:26 PM  
Blogger ninest123 said...

reebok shoes, p90x workout, iphone cases, giuseppe zanotti, vans, valentino shoes, chi flat iron, celine handbags, nfl jerseys, gucci, soccer shoes, hollister, mac cosmetics, timberland boots, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, converse, instyler, iphone 6s plus cases, iphone 5s cases, mont blanc, soccer jerseys, oakley, iphone 6s cases, ipad cases, lululemon, nike roshe, mcm handbags, new balance, vans shoes, louboutin, nike air max, nike air max, ghd, babyliss, north face outlet, insanity workout, bottega veneta, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, s5 cases, asics running shoes, hollister, ralph lauren, iphone 6 plus cases, wedding dresses, jimmy choo shoes, birkin bag, baseball bats, beats by dre, iphone 6 cases

4:33 PM  
Blogger ninest123 said...

pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, converse outlet, barbour jackets, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, swarovski, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, lancel, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler outlet, montre pas cher, doke gabbana outlet, pandora charms, swarovski crystal, bottes ugg, canada goose outlet, coach outlet, thomas sabo, replica watches, doudoune canada goose, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, ugg boots uk, canada goose, canada goose uk, toms shoes, ugg pas cher, moncler, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, links of london, moncler, canada goose, moncler, moncler, marc jacobs, hollister, karen millen, juicy couture outlet
ninest123 16.02

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home