Thursday, January 06, 2005

Jesus Is My Homeboy tee.. eww

Here I am in my room gazing at one of my Christmas presents and wondering if the friend who gave it to me really knows me (we've been friends for over 5 years). A camouflaged tee with the written word "Chronic", and a handful of marijuana leaves grace the back, and the front, "Jesus Is My Homeboy", completes the design. Hmmm... whatever was she thinking. First off, I'm not comfortable wearing a tee claiming that Jesus, the Son of God, hangs out with me. Sure I strike up a conversation with him, but it's only when I seem to get into impossible situations; We're not THAT close. Secondly, camouflage should only be worn by those in the military. The puke green color serves a purpose for our men and women in the armed forces. I won't even question what that purpose may be. My mind refuses to accept the fact that camouflage was, or is, in vogue. And the marijuana logo? Well... I didn't inhale. Not my style. I believe I'll pass it on to a friend who appreciates eclectic clothes. Tees with tacky words are a turn off. Is this a subtle form of communication? What are you trying to tell me? Another peeve is trucker hats. Why would I dress down by accessorizing with a trucker hat? Okay, perhaps it's the "in" thing. Von Dutch rules, right? (Thank you Ashton Kutcher and Paris Hilton.) I know I'm stepping on some toes here, but I hope everyone who reads this has an open mind. If society had fashionista police, we'd have hundreds of thousands of people in prison... many of them would be fashion designers. Thank goodness this is not the case since our prisons are overcrowded already. Although a glimpse of an inmate in Versace digs brings a smile to my face. I do love my friend; I know she meant well and... it's the thought that counts.

Anyone get a gift they'd like to give away, hide, use as a rag, or pass off to someone with er...poor taste? Share!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I know someone who'd love that shirt! ME!! anyway... have a good one and see you laters!

Love, JOEY

9:20 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

No gift to give away, but I'm with you...If I would have received that, I wouldn't wear it either!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Juan Galis-Menendez said...

It is a little difficult to read a black Internet page, but my eyesight is slowly coming back. Lousy Christmas presents? ... Well, my mother purchased a jacket that might have been worn by the later obese Elvis, complete with rhinestones, and I will have to wear it -- because my mother informs me that it is "hip" and I am a "bohemian artist," so I'll appreciate it. This is meant to induce guilt because I teach and write for a living, when I might have been a successful pharmacist, like Mrs. Dougherty's son. At least, she sighs as she says this, I am not gay.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Chocolate-scented body lotion, gel, etc. I don't know that I particularly enjoy smelling like dessert. This means that either: a) people will like the smell and want to bite me (which could be a very good thing or a very, very baaaaad thing) or b) people think I bake a lot of chocolate things, which is bad because I am not skinny and people probably think I hang around the chocolate a bit too much.

1:39 PM  
Blogger jonathan said...

trucker hats: i could not agree more. im living in new zealand at the moment, and the damn things have reached a level of ubiquity that normal hats could only dream of attaining. and the whole von dutch thing, i know people like to follow trends, but this is ridiculous. i really really hate pointless fads, and in turn the people who follow them. i wish everyone would learn to think for themselves. yes.

1:10 PM  
Blogger AP3 said...

Hello, and I like your blog! Very nice. Actually, with the exception of the marijuana leaves, I'd wear that shirt. But I'm tacky like that.

2:09 AM  
Blogger ninest123 said...

ninest123 16.02
nike free run uk, air force, new balance pas cher, longchamp, michael kors, michael kors, air max, nike free, hollister, sac longchamp, abercrombie and fitch, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, longchamp pas cher, vans pas cher, timberland, lacoste pas cher, converse pas cher, burberry, nike trainers, oakley pas cher, sac guess, louboutin pas cher, north face, hermes, michael kors, true religion jeans, nike air max, nike roshe, mulberry, air jordan pas cher, tn pas cher, lululemon, hogan, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors, coach purses, coach outlet, nike air max, vanessa bruno, hollister pas cher, nike huarache, north face, ralph lauren uk, ray ban uk, nike air max, true religion outlet, replica handbags

4:26 PM  
Blogger ninest123 said...

reebok shoes, p90x workout, iphone cases, giuseppe zanotti, vans, valentino shoes, chi flat iron, celine handbags, nfl jerseys, gucci, soccer shoes, hollister, mac cosmetics, timberland boots, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, converse, instyler, iphone 6s plus cases, iphone 5s cases, mont blanc, soccer jerseys, oakley, iphone 6s cases, ipad cases, lululemon, nike roshe, mcm handbags, new balance, vans shoes, louboutin, nike air max, nike air max, ghd, babyliss, north face outlet, insanity workout, bottega veneta, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, s5 cases, asics running shoes, hollister, ralph lauren, iphone 6 plus cases, wedding dresses, jimmy choo shoes, birkin bag, baseball bats, beats by dre, iphone 6 cases

4:34 PM  
Blogger ninest123 said...

pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, converse outlet, barbour jackets, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, swarovski, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, lancel, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler outlet, montre pas cher, doke gabbana outlet, pandora charms, swarovski crystal, bottes ugg, canada goose outlet, coach outlet, thomas sabo, replica watches, doudoune canada goose, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, ugg boots uk, canada goose, canada goose uk, toms shoes, ugg pas cher, moncler, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, links of london, moncler, canada goose, moncler, moncler, marc jacobs, hollister, karen millen, juicy couture outlet
ninest123 16.02

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home