Saturday, January 15, 2005

Lazy cleaning day and farewell to my lava lamp

A day of cleaning is a day of reckoning as my godmom sneeringly pointed out, having spent the entire morning at her place, cleaning my room. Goodness! Is that where that blouse was? I thought a friend had borrowed it without my permission although she has a propensity of returning borrowed pieces.

Cleaning has never been my forte, however, it is a chore that must be tackled frequently, for being called a pig and living in a pigsty is not complimentary, although some male friends would disagree, one even proudly expressing that his room actually smells like a garbage can left unattended for weeks and reeking of some foul odiferous smell... and he likes that. Needless to say, he doesn't date very often.

Why can't I just ram everything into a trashbag and throw it away, my thought, as I sorted through the endless, even meaningless mess. Of course, it is for the simple fact that sometime ago, I actually spent money to acquire it and it would be like throwing my money away, which is a crime in some countries, or so I was told by a much older lady who can only afford a complete meal at McDonald's which leads me to wonder how she spent her money, but I can't feel sorry for her for I too enjoy visiting the golden arches too many times that I'd care to share.

As I continue cleaning and sorting, I realize that if I could better apply my time and re-prioritize, I'd have a clean room, which makes for an orderly and disciplined mind, or so my godmom constantly tells me, a mantra that is forever embedded in my brain, so you would think I'd have gotten the message.... Isn't she wise? Oh, did I mention that she frowns upon my shopping sprees, saying I have enough clothes and shoes to last me til Armaggedon, but how would she know? Perhaps all the natural and man-made disasters are a sign that the world as we know it is coming to an end and Christ's return is closer than we all thought. And honestly, a girl can never have enough shoes.

Going through my messy room makes me realize that I do not need the hassle of having to do this all over again (until I plan for another splurge)... so... off to the Salvation Army, a worthy organization to which I frequently donate items, and they have pretty unique stuff to sell too, recalling a time not long ago in which I found a lava lamp in perfect condition and was enjoying it until I read a consumer report which said that lava lamps are known to explode...

and oh, here it is, tucked safely away in a box, and folks, that lamp is going back to the Salvation Army but I think I'll write a warning label and tape it onto its base so the next owner is fully aware of the dangers of lava lamps...

I wonder if I should ask a friend over to help me clean and in return they can have anything in my room including my lava lamp, complete with a stylized warning label.


10 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Thanks for dropping by! I'm glad you enjoyed my blog rant! Stop by anytime!

cmesmyl.modblog.com

2:46 PM  
Blogger Müzikdüde said...

Inviting a friend to help with your room may make them privy to things about you that you would rather them not know.

Hey, thanks for the great comment on my site. I'm not always as funny as I was today but feel free to stop by and endure my mediocrity.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having just cleaned my room(one thing I detest doing due to my hight and the small vacuum cleaner) I finally finished after about 3 hours of work on my little flat but now to think... I have to do it all over again*sighs* But I must say you have a sence of pride after you clean up.Everything feels a little better and you relax a little more. The hardest thing is starting. And the most satisfying is finishing.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Your god mother is right about the cleaning. It's a necessary evil...but one can never have enough shoes or clothes! It's a woman's perogative. haha.
Thanks for stopping by on my site--hope you signed my guest map all the way from Guam?!

1:25 AM  
Blogger andrena said...

I hate cleaning.....

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Internet marketing investment through search engine marketing at a low rate is a promising endeavor. It requires communication and commitment from both companies to SEO and site owner. If the San Diego SEO Company will not return calls or e-mail, and meet clear investment objectives, you should reconsider who is on your team. Most of all the right San Diego SEO Company can make you suceed! Other companies offer affordable search engine ranking, but not the best investment. Thewecoast.com is way better about such things.We offer the best Affordable SEO services and more accessible services, so that customers and potential customers find your site to Google, Yahoo or MSN without problems. SEO Solutions offered a equitable cost, the company reserves the right to hook you up.Our approach is to focus on organic SEO services, and the implementation of successful keywords. If you already have a design, we can work around it, and allows our expertise to guarantee that the most important content is available to search engines to find access. Formatting of page content that is informative and pooled with seo.We are a company of SEO at affordable prices and we are eager to help small businesses struggling to get quality search engine exposure.
Read this link for more information on San Diego SEO:http://www.serierna.se/story.php?id=16397

Therefore, most companies can not pay too much money for san diego seo services with this crazy economy. Keeping small businesses in mind, we have seen san diego seo services requires a relatively small investment, so that you can enjoy top search engine placement. We follow ethical and biological basis for all marketing activities and san diego seo, and the only objective is to get you consequences.The team of experts from our affordable san diego seo firm will enable your site to generate highly targeted prospects, so that people who are looking for topics that relate to your content can be found on the first click. We help make your site seem more important to search engines than any other by optimizing certain pages and off page elements on your site. And all this help is offered at a great rate.You want the whole world of online search to find you, right?

9:40 AM  
Blogger ninest123 Ninest said...

ninest123 11.24
louboutin uk, nike outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, ralph lauren polo, longchamp bags, replica watches, christian louboutin, uggs outlet, burberry factory outlet, tiffany jewelry, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors handbags, burberry outlet, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, cheap jordans, ralph lauren outlet, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton, uggs outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, michael kors, prada outlet, uggs on sale, christian louboutin, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet online, louboutin shoes, uggs on sale, nike free, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, longchamp outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses

5:44 PM  
Blogger ninest123 Ninest said...

north face pas cher, ray ban uk, polo lacoste pas cher, nike air max, nike air max uk, vanessa bruno pas cher, nike roshe uk, nike roshe run pas cher, abercrombie and fitch UK, nike air force, michael kors, michael kors outlet online, polo ralph lauren uk, true religion outlet, lululemon outlet, new balance, timberland pas cher, louboutin pas cher, michael kors uk, nike tn pas cher, hogan sito ufficiale, hermes pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, nike free pas cher, vans pas cher, nike air max pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max uk, abercrombie and fitch, lunette oakley pas cher, true religion outlet, true religion jeans, coach outlet, burberry pas cher, sac guess pas cher, converse, north face uk, nike trainers uk, nike free, true religion outlet, hollister uk, mulberry uk, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors, lunette ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, longchamp soldes, jordan pas cher

5:47 PM  
Blogger ninest123 Ninest said...

supra shoes, coach outlet, bottes ugg pas cher, moncler, converse shoes outlet, canada goose pas cher, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler pas cher, sac louis vuitton, links of london uk, swarovski jewelry, sac louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, toms shoes, canada goose jackets, karen millen uk, montre pas cher, lancel, canada goose, moncler, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, moncler uk, ugg uk, barbour, thomas sabo uk, wedding dresses uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose outlet, doke & gabbana, barbour jackets uk, replica watches, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton uk, moncler outlet, pandora charms, swarovski uk, marc jacobs, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, moncler, pandora uk, moncler jackets, moncler, hollister, pandora jewelry, canada goose

5:49 PM  
Blogger ninest123 Ninest said...

abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, soccer shoes, oakley, wedding dresses, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, nike air max, vans scarpe, valentino shoes, vans outlet, herve leger, p90x workout, beats by dre, iphone 5s cases, soccer jerseys, hollister, ray ban, instyler ionic styler, iphone cases, bottega veneta, insanity workout, s6 cases, timberland boots, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo outlet, iphone 6s plus cases, iphone 6 cases, mcm handbags, converse, reebok outlet, babyliss pro, louboutin, lululemon outlet, chi flat iron, mont blanc, new balance shoes, iphone 6 plus cases, north face outlet, salvatore ferragamo, mac cosmetics, asics running shoes, ghd hair, north face outlet, hollister clothing, softball bats, nfl jerseys, hermes handbags, ipad cases, celine handbags, gucci, iphone 6s cases
ninest123 11.24

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home